Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ragnarok Online 2 Excitement.. 5 Days!

In 6 days the new version of RO2 will go into closed beta! I was lucky enough to have a friend give me an account for the first iteration, so now I get access to the kRO2 second beta. I'm sooo excited. I was the first time around too, and I was just remembering all the fun I had in RO2 a few years ago.
Here's some of my favorite moments in RO2

En Garde!














Staring at the clouds.


















I can fly?















Unfortunately, this version of RO2 didn't make it. I thought it was a very fun new game, however it fell short of what Gravity expected from it. I'm hoping the new iteration builds upon what was fun in Ragnarok Online 2: Gate of the World. It looks a lot different as you can see.














































It looks great, my only fear is, if everything will be animated properly. The only true 3D game I know of Gravity has made was Requiem: Momento Mori. And the character animations in that game are very.. Well they need work. I also hope that your able to control your character through emotes the same way you could in RO2: GotW. There was a very cute video of the characters being able to tell a story through the emotes for the first version, and it really helped get me interested in the game. I fear we might just get another generic 3D MMO with RO monsters and the theme. Hopefully that is not the case. 5 days left! Though I have some doubts, I am very excited. I think we all are.
I'll leave you with the cute emote love story from the original RO2










2 comments:

M. said...

Will I be made to try this game out if it ever comes to America? x)

It does look fun though, and it actually looks like Ragnarok! Thanks for sharing the screenshots. :x

<3

Jennifer said...

Yes, you will.

Post a Comment